Mar 21, 2017

Lycka made it into Knitty!




























Spring is just around the corner! This means it's time for the new Spring + Summer issue of Knitty.
And my new design Lycka is in it!


Nearly a year ago, I designed this very lovely cotton tee with simple straight lines and some extra postive ease to wear on warmer days.

Inspired by the partial shadow of a roof of leaves, I added a wonderful and unique rib lace pattern to the front. It extends the v-neck shape to create a feminine and flattering look.



The rounded back adds a little softness to the look.

A few words on the construction:
Lycka is knitted flat from the bottom up in two pieces. The sleeves are formed by casting on additional stitches once the underarm is reached.
The rounded back is shaped by using short rows and the back neck uses a tiny i-cord bind off.
Front and back are knitted separately and are then joined at the shoulders using the three-needle bind off. Finally, the sides are seamed together.

Lycka uses a variety of techniques, which makes knitting it a very interesting experience that rewards you with a very soft and comfy summer wardrobe staple and maybe some new knitting skills.



The lace in the front lets Lycka be very light and airy while allowing any soft breeze through to you. A generous v-neck and short sleeves let your skin breathe and feel the warmth of the sun.
 
If you're already browsing for some summer knits, make sure Lycka is on top of your list!

You can find the free pattern in the current Spring + Summer issue of Knitty.

All the infos (sizes, yarn requirements, needle size and finished measurements) are of course available on the Ravelry pattern page. So, hop over to favorite or add the pattern to your queue on Ravelry!






I'm very happy and thankful to be given the opportunity of being published in Knitty.
I was really nervous when I submitted Lycka. Not only to be sure everything needed was included, but also will my design be good enough, or rather one that they are looking for in this issue. Are my pictures good enough to be published, beause you never know about the competition.  But I knew I did my best and I had worked hard with this design and so I took a deep breath and hit "submit".
And just before Christmas the email saying "You're in!" arrived. Perfect timing! :)
At the beginning of this year a little more work had to be done to finalise everything and really get it polished and ready to be published.
A great experience and hopefully the beginning of an exciting adventure. :)


I wish you all a wonderful week!

Love,
Stefanie



No comments:

Post a Comment