Jan 25, 2014

Smaller Pouf with new Design

Because the first one turned out so great, I wanted to knit another pouf. But this time a smaller one and I wanted to mix things up a little bit and therefore, I included a stripe design. 


I used again the Drops Andes yarn, because it was  a very good choice the first time. I was very satisfied with this yarn and so I used it again.




The knitting part in principle is the same as with my big sit pouf. (the grey one in the picture on top)
For the stripe design, I simply added some purled rows. If you want to knit your own, I'm happy to share my pattern with you:

Cast on 32 stiches. 
Set 1:
Mark the 4th stich (st) from end of the row.
Knit (k) until you reach the marker. Slip marker (sm).
Place marker (pm) in the 4th st on the other side.
Turn your work, leaving the last 4 sts.
k to marker. sm.

pm in 8th st on the other side. Turn your work, leaving 4 sts.
k to marker. sm.
pm in 8th st on the other side. Turn your work, leaving 8 sts.
k to marker. sm. Turn work.

k complete row. 
purl (p) next row. 
k following row.

Set 2:
pm in 4th st on the other side.
k to marker. sm.
pm in 4th st on the other side. Turn your work, leaving 4 sts.
k to marker. sm.

pm in 8th st on the other side. Turn your work, leaving 4 sts.
k to marker. sm.
pm in 8th st on the other side. Turn your work, leaving 8 sts.
k to marker. sm.

pm in 12th st on the other side. turn your work, leaving 8 sts.
k to marker. sm.
pm in 12th st on the other side. Turn your Work, leaving 12 sts.
k to marker. sm. Turn work.

k complete row. 
p next row. 
k following row.

Now repeat Set 1 and Set 2 alternately until you get a round shape.
Cut yarn, leaving a long tail for seaming.

Using kitchener stich, close the two endings and pull the rest of the yarn tail around the circle at the end to close one side of the pouf.














Now it's optional if you want to sew a fabric bag for the stuffing. I like to do that because I think it looks nicer. If you do so, put the fabric bag into the half-closed pouf and stuff it! That's the fun part! :)



















After stuffing, you need to sew your fabric bag to close it.











And final step: close the other side up as well and your pouf is ready! 
This pouf makes a good cushion as well I think. 



Even my little bunny man loves it for snuggling and playing around <3


Have fun and keep crafting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment